This course has been developed to cater for all persons that are required to work at any height where there is a potential to fall and cause injury, fall from one level to another, work in elevated work platforms, work from scaffold, are required to be compliant with local legislation/Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit it appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights. It is delivered in our training facility in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
What you will learn includes:
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, ie powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma