This unit covers the competency required to select, don, operate and maintain breathing apparatus equipment in an hazardous atmosphere.
This unit applies to personnel who work as a member of a team. Work at this level is undertaken under direct supervision and instruction.
What you will learn includes:
- comply with relevant Australian Standards /New Zealand Standards (AS/NZS) such as AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment and AS/NZS 1716:2003 Respiratory protective devices
- appropriately conduct pre-donning tests
- correctly don breathing apparatus
- operate breathing apparatus
- move in conditions of reduced visibility
- implement breathing apparatus emergency procedures
- follow organisational procedures
- correctly remove breathing apparatus
- return breathing apparatus to operational status