About Atlas Access
Atlas Access was established in 2001 as an industrial rope access operator specialising in providing a comprehensive package of Inspection, Maintenance, Repair and Operational Services to a wide range of industry groups throughout Australia.
Atlas Access Services are used by Oil & Gas Contractors, Rigging Contractors, Civil Engineering & Inspection Companies, Building Contractors, Property Management Companies, Hospitality Industry and many others.
Atlas Access is managed by a team with many years of experience in their respective fields and a reputation for providing a reliable, safe and quality service.
We continuously seek advancement of current and new technologies and innovative ways to deliver our services. We welcome the possibility of forming/joining alliances on both a project-by-project basis and joint ventures.
Why Atlas Access is the best training companies in Sydney
Among rope access companies in Sydney, Atlas Access is consistently rated as the best. Our priority for safety is a key reason. We have a flawless safety record despite many years in the business, and that’s because we take safety very seriously.
It’s important for your company, because injuries, accidents, and property damage are all things you will want to avoid. Obviously it’s never a nice feeling when something unexpected and negative happens, and then there are all the delays which follow when a matter is investigated.
After an investigation, if you were held to be liable, you could face harsh fines, civil law suits, or even criminal prosecution.
All that can be avoided by ensuring only appropriately qualified personnel are working at heights. The qualifications required for this kind of work are accredited IRATA certifications, and you should insist on this level of certification for anyone performing work at heights, because if you don’t, the risks are simply too great. Read More
Are you interested in an exciting new rope access training programme?
If so, then we at Atlas Access have the perfect programme for you. We offer comprehensive Rope Access Training from the leading international authority on industrial rope access, Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA), which is designed to unlock a new platform of career paths for our customers, as well as provide them with the experience to ensure they operate safely in a role that we are preconditioned to fear; working at heights.
Atlas Access is dedicated to safety, so you can be sure you will be in safe hands when you choose us.
Rope access training: what will you learn?
If you’re looking for a course that is designed to challenge you and help you discover what you’re capable of, then you have come to the right place. Working at heights is most definitely not for the faint hearted and is often a role that most people choose to avoid, but if you think you’re up the challenge, our course will provide you with all of the necessary skills, experience, and safety knowledge that you will need.
Our units include depending which level you are training for can be broken down into key units which include planning and management, equipment, rigging, tensioned lines, rope manoeuvres, climbing techniques, rope rescues and climbing rescues:
PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- IRATA international system
- Legal framework
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Selection of access method
- Selection of personnel and competence
- Safety method statement
- Exclusion zones, permits to work etc.
- Planning for emergencies
- First aid and suspension intolerance
- Selection of equipment
- Care and maintenance of equipment
- Pre-use checking of equipment
- Detailed and interim inspections
- Assembly of equipment and buddy check
- Anchor selection
- Knots and rope handling
- Basic anchor system
- Hazard avoidance and rope protection
- Retrievable rigging
- Work restraint lines
- Vertical fall arrest systems
- Rigging for rescue and hauling
- Lowering systems
- Hauling systems
- Cross haul
- Complex rescue systems (team exercise)
- Back-up devices
- Descent using ascending devices
- Ascent using a descending device
- Rope-to-rope transfers
- Passing mid-rope knots
- Edge obstructions at the top
- Use of work seats (comfort seats)
- Passing mid-rope protection
- Horizontal aid climbing
- Vertical aid climbing
- Climbing with fall arrest equipment
- Rescue from descent mode
- Rescue from ascent mode
- Passing a deviation with a casualty
- Rope-to-rope transfer with a casualty
- Passing a small re-anchor with a casualty
- Mid-transfer rescue
- Passing mid-rope knots with a casualty
- Use of tensioned ropes for rescue
- Rescue from an aid climb
- Rescue from fall arrest equipment
- Rescue from an aid climb – short connection
Why should you choose IRATA course?
It is a commonly known fact that one of the fears inherently built into us as humans is the fear of falling. There is no clear cut antidote to this fear, however our training course provides you with some of the building blocks to be able to overcome and control it, and operate in a job role that many other people would naturally shy away from.
Being IRATA qualified will open up a range of new doors for you, as qualified workers in this sector are in demand all of the time, with companies willing to pay a good wage for those with good trade skills willing to brave it.
Atlas Access is consistently rated as one of the top providers of this course in Sydney. We believe this is because we provide world-class internationally recognised licences that give participants access to a large pool of jobs nationally and internationally.
If you are interested in the training we offer, get in touch with us today to discuss the options available by calling (02) 9700 0812.
Atlas Access is a specialist Industrial Rope Access operation providing a comprehensive package of Inspection, Maintenance, Repair, Operational Services & Training Solutions to a wide range of industry groups throughout Australasia.
Why Choose Atlas Access?
- We select well-trained, field-experienced and skilled personnel who are flexible, highly motivated and productive.
- We add the personal touch and take the time to ensure a full understanding of the critical issues and our clients’ requirements and expectations.
- We respond to our clients needs today and at the same time anticipate tomorrow’s challenges.
- We provide innovative solutions through people, processes and technology and so produce quality deliverables.
- We focus our efforts on problem prevention rather than problem detection.
- We are committed to high standards.
Atlas Access is a recruiter of highly-skilled tradesmen. We provide fully trained and highly qualified tradesmen for all aspects of engineering and specialise in manpower skilled in construction, inspection, maintenance and repairs.
What are our goals? Our goals are to provide the most professional and efficient services possible, and to ensure that quality assurance and safety at work guidelines are always observed.
If you can’t find the service you’re looking for please contact us and we will make every endeavour to provide a solution.